Rules On Fantasy Baseball Position Eligibility
Position eligibility in Fantasy Baseball determines the position in which the player can play. The player must start or appear in certain games to be eligible.
Changing the position of a player can affect the way you manage the team. The initial positions in the game are determined based on the player's information from the MLB and their past performance.
The players can be eligible for more than one position. The number of games a player starts or appears in Major League Baseball determines their position eligibility.
Once a player gains eligibility in any position, they won't lose it even if they do not start or appear in any further games throughout the season.
Here are the required starts or appearances to be eligible for a position:
- Position eligibility (Infielder, Outfielder, Shortstop, and Catcher) - Ten appearances or five games started in a position
- Starting Pitcher eligibility - Three games played as an SP
- Relief Pitcher eligibility - Five games appeared as a reliever
Position eligibility of a player for Yahoo Fantasy Baseball can be looked up at the official site of Yahoo. Fans can also view the eligibility countdown that displays how many games the player needs to start or appear in to be eligible for that position.
For example, if the number three appears for a player in the first baseman column, it means that the player needs to appear in three more games as a first baseman in MLB to be eligible for that position in the fantasy league.
The letter 'E' appears in the column of the position the players are eligible to play. Players can be eligible for multiple positions, such as Luis Arraez, who is eligible for all three infield positions.
Here are steps on how to check the position eligibility of players in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball:
- First, navigate to your Fantasy Baseball League on Yahoo.
- Then, click on the Players tab in the top left corner and select Position Eligibility.
- A number of players will appear with their position eligibility for different positions.
- Type the name of the athlete whose eligibility you want and click on Search.